1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel compare and update changes

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by caryn, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caryn

caryn Thread Starter

I have a supplier price list emailed to me weekly as an excel(2002) document. It contains a lot of items I don't use, so I've altered the original document to contain only the rows I require.
    What I would like to do is when I receive a new spreadsheet weekly, to compare the data to my original sheet by product code, and if the price has changed update it on my original sheet. If it hasn't changed make no alteration. I also want to ignore product codes listed on the new price list that do not appear on my original (sorry this sounds muddled, I don't know how else to explain it).

The data is in columns of :
    A - Product Code (combination of letters and numbers)
    B - Product Name
    C - Price

So ... compare the new sheet to the old sheet. If a product code from the old sheet is listed on the new sheet and the price is different, change the price on the old sheet. If a product code on the new sheet does not appear on the old sheet ignore it.

Hope someone can help, wasn't sure how to word my query to look on the MS site.
    Cheers

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328232

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice