[Excel] Copy And Paste Upper Cell To Lower Cell

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

HowdeeDoodee

Using EXCEL, I have a need to copy the cell contents from upper cells in col. A down a few rows in col A. There are various changes in data in col A as you will see below. The periods in the following info are used as placeholders only. B1, A2, A3, A4, etc. are blank. I need a formula because I have 60,000 records in the spreadsheet. Thanks in advance.

Here is how the data looks now.

....A.....B
Apple.........
..........Fire
..........Ice
..........Snow
Peach
..........Sleet
..........Rain
..........Fog

Here is how I want the data to look

...A ...........B
Apple
Apple.......Fire
Apple.......Ice
Apple.......Snow
Peach
Peach.......Sleet
Peach.......Rain
Peach.......Fog

With the workbook open press ALT + F11 to bring up the Visual Basic Editor. Once the VB editor opens, click INSERT --> MODULE and paste the code below into the blank module. Close the VB editor and select the first cell in column A containing your data you want to copy down. Click TOOLS --> MACRO --> MACROS and select the macro from the list and run it. This macro will copy all your data except for the last value in column A because without actually seeing your workbook, I have no way knowing which line to stop at. Therefore, the code will end when it reaches the last value in column A.
Code:
Public Sub CopyData()

Do Until ActiveCell.Row = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row

ActiveCell.Copy
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select

Do Until ActiveCell.Value <> ""
ActiveSheet.Paste
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
Loop

Loop

End Sub
Rollin

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online