Excel Database Growing: Slow Performance

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

teddytech

I have an excel database file running on a Pentium III with 512 MB of RAM and its extremelt slow. The file size is just over 35 MB and it takee forever to open the file. What should I do to increase the speed. The system is maxed out for RAM and I need faster performance. Should I install it on a server and map to the server from a workstation?

Anne Troy

Anne
How many worksheets?
How many rows of data per worksheet?

Are your worksheets "dirty"?
Check www.theofficeexperts.com/excel.htm for file corruption issues and fixes.

When's the last time you saved the file to a different name; and are you saving it down? Double-check by File-Save as. Make sure you give it a different name, and that it's not saving down to a lesser version. Then save it.

Check File-Properties. Any better?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online