Excel Date Formatting Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JHorsley

Do any of you gurus know why when I enter my dates as 3/30/04 they automatically change to 38076? I have tried to format the cell the way I want it but they won't change. Did I hit a key command that changed the format without knowing it? The strange thing is when I began working with the spreadsheet it was fine. Then I entered a date a few days later and they all changed to the 38076 format.

Please help if you can.

jhorsley

>> Did I hit a key command that changed the format without knowing it?

Do they show up right in the formula bar? (What I'm thinking is a long shot because it should've affected col widths too, but) you may have switched to Formula view.

Try pressing the key below ESC/left of [! over 1] while holding down CTRL.

If not, can you fix them by FormatPainting from an OK cell in another workbook?

HTH,
Andy

JHorsley

Andy,

Your a gentleman and a scholar and not specifically in that order....even if you are a cat lover.

Thanks again!

jhorsley

jhorsley, I've a list as long as your arm of people who'll attest that I'm neither of those, in any order. :D

You're welcome,
Andy

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online