1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel Date Formatting Problem

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by JHorsley, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JHorsley

JHorsley Thread Starter

Do any of you gurus know why when I enter my dates as 3/30/04 they automatically change to 38076? I have tried to format the cell the way I want it but they won't change. Did I hit a key command that changed the format without knowing it? The strange thing is when I began working with the spreadsheet it was fine. Then I entered a date a few days later and they all changed to the 38076 format.

Please help if you can.

jhorsley

2. XL Guru

XL Guru

>> Did I hit a key command that changed the format without knowing it?

Do they show up right in the formula bar? (What I'm thinking is a long shot because it should've affected col widths too, but) you may have switched to Formula view.

Try pressing the key below ESC/left of [! over 1] while holding down CTRL.

If not, can you fix them by FormatPainting from an OK cell in another workbook?

HTH,
    Andy

3. JHorsley

JHorsley Thread Starter

Andy,

Your a gentleman and a scholar and not specifically in that order....even if you are a cat lover.

Thanks again!

jhorsley

4. XL Guru

XL Guru

jhorsley, I've a list as long as your arm of people who'll attest that I'm neither of those, in any order. :D

You're welcome,
    Andy

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218379

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice