Excel Date Picker Issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Triple6

Rob
Hopefully someone can help me with but I'm trying to use the Date and Time Picker and the text isn't displaying correctly. When I first open Excel 2016 it looks partially cut off and displays a second window in the top corner that is clear, if I scroll it then looks fine. Also when I print the sheet it also looks cut off or squished just like it initially does on screen. Any ideas how to fix this?

upload_2018-8-22_16-41-16.png

Attachments

Keebellah

Hans
Trusted Advisor
Honestly, no idea.
What have to created? a Drop-Down list? When is it activated?
I'll download the file and take a look and see what the issue could be, I may be the ActiveX you used, don't know

Keebellah

Hans
Trusted Advisor
Honestly, this is not a date pickr, it just shows today's date.
What did you use?
What is DTPicker1 , is that your creation?

Triple6

Rob
No, it was already in Excel.

I went to Developer Tools, Insert, selected More Controls from the ActiveX Controls, then scrolled down to Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control 6.0.

Is there an alternate way to get a date selection?

Triple6

Rob
So I just realized that it said "Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control 6.0 (SP4) so I updated the MSCOMCT2.OCX to get it to "Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control 6.0(SP6)" and now I cannot choose the date either and it only shows the current date.

Is there a another way to bring up a calendar for the user to choose that works in Excel?

Keebellah

Hans
Trusted Advisor
I wrote my own calendar tool and that means you will need a macro-embedded file.
There is are quite a number of code snippets.
I personally do not like the ocx controls since they limit you when distributing the file.

Triple6

Rob
Okay, I guess I'll look for an alternative.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online