1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel Date Reminders with emailings

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Connor Slack, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Connor Slack

Connor Slack Thread Starter

Hey Everyone,

First post here. I was fallowing this thread:
    http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/636786-set-email-reminder-base-excel.html

And i have a similar problem i could use some help with. Now that i think about it it might be harder than original thought of. I have a workbook with 12 sheets, one for each month. For each month i have a list of Magazines titles all in separate rows in one one column. to the right of those, i have each day of the day of the month. I have attached a sample spreadsheet of what i mean. On any day a sales rep will call me and book a day they want to send a email, or eBlast message to subscribers of the particular magazine they choose. I would love to have the option to have an automatic email send to each sales rep 5 days before ther scheduled booking is to be sent out, only problem is how would i extract the email address from a comment in excel, and have ti send a email to that person?

Another idea i had was to creative a booking sheet for which each sales rep would fill it out with fields such as Clients Name, Date to send email, Type of email, Geo targets, creative elements in email etc etc. is there a way that once i approve this and send back the excel file with an approved icon or logo and some notes, can it automatically, even without being open, send an email or reminder to the user i sent it to?

i greatly appreciate any comments as i know i most likely trying to ask for the world here.:eek:

Thanks!

Connor

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/720475

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice