1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel email notification when changed

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by automationnoob, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. automationnoob

automationnoob Thread Starter

2. 20_2_Many

20_2_Many

can you attach your workbook with at least the column headings and the code?

3. automationnoob

Sorry, how do I attach a file? I have file ready to go but don't see any options to attach anything other than a link, if that is the case how do I work with the link? Really appreciate the help.

4. 20_2_Many

20_2_Many

use the Go Advanced button, then the paperclip

5. 20_2_Many

20_2_Many

Suggest a Hot Key to trigger this, as opposed to when it is saved.

6. automationnoob

I am using the 'before save' function because multiple users will be using this workbook (with no knowledge of advanced excel functions) so I don't want them to have to use a Hot Key. Thanks so much for the help. Got this working perfect now. The only other thing I would change (if you have any tips) is for the macro to only email if actual changes were made rather than just a 'save'.

7. 20_2_Many

20_2_Many

This can be done most easily by using a Helper column. If you want emails to be sent, put a Yes in that column, and then when the emails are sent, the macro can remove the Yes. That is one way, there are many possibilities, another is, knowing the actual criteria to trigger the event like maybe Last Updated = today as an example. Esier still may be just a Command Button someone can click to purposely send the emails after they confirm they really want to send them.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088215

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice