Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Excel Error Message Help

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Zack Barresse 
#1 ·
Hi all, I am Ariffin and i am from Singapore. I have a problem with Excel 2007 and i found your this forum to be very helpful. I hope i can get some help in here. :)

I have an excel workbook that is used in my company and it has many macros ( buttons, etc..). It worked fine till i had to re format my PC.

Now when i open the same file i get this error " Cannot run the macro "filename.xls". The macro may not be available in this workbook or all macros may be disabled."

I have enabled all macros in the developer tab but i am still getting this error. Microsoft help file is not really helpful. What steps am i missing here.

Further information, this file is on a network shared folder and all other PCs is able to open it without any problem except for mine.

#4 ·
Hi there, I am using Microsoft SP3 actually and i am still facing the problem. I have tried the registry workaround method recommended by Microsoft even though i was warned that it should not be done for SP 2 and above. I am at a total loss. Is there anything else that i can do. Any help will be appreciated.

#6 ·
Go to trusted location and add network files to your trusted location.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/e...les-HA010031999.aspx?CTT=5&origin=HP010096919

1. If you want to create a trusted location that is not local to your computer, select the Allow trusted locations on my network (not recommended) check box.
I have already done that part actually previously. Nonetheless i tried one more time to the specific folder, but the macro still fails to open and i am still recieving the same error message. The same file can be opened from another colleague's PC. So there is no actual problem with the excel. Just in my PC. I am running Norton 360 if that helps. I have also tried disabling all AV but to no avail.

#7 ·
Hi there, welcome to the board!

What workbook does it say the workbooks are in? Sounds like you're clicking buttons that have code linked to another workbook. If it was in, say, a Personal.xls workbook, and if you also didn't save the workbook, chances are pretty good the workbook, and the code along with it, are gone. If it works on others machines, maybe you could see what workbooks the code is referring to. Or you could tell us what the error message says exactly.

As a side note, if using code in other "home cooked" projects you should enable access to the VBAProject object model. If you look in the link pip22 posted and look at step 4, you will see the checkbox at the bottom of that picture. You should check that box as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.