1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

excel for mac formula HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by rgd920, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rgd920

rgd920 Thread Starter

Need some help on an excel for mac formula. I am trying to make a cost analysis spreadsheet and do not know how to make a formula for the following information:

overnight fee is 240.00 per night

1 to 5 nights with a minimum purchase of 800 gallons-no fee (799 or less-full fee/per night)

6 to 12 nights with a minimum purchase of 1000 to 1500 gallons-half the fee, 1501 or above-no fee (less than 1000- full fee/per night)

12 nights or over with minimum purchase of 1500 to 1999 gallons-half fee, 2000 or more- no fee (less than 1500-full fee/per night)

So far I can get the first one, =IF(AND(B4<=5,E4<800),B2*B4,"0") but after that I am stuck. B2 is the $240.00, B4 is the number of nights and E4 is number of gallons purchased. If there is a better way, I am all ears.

Please make any directions as step by step as possible, as I know very little about excel! Thanks in advance!

2. Yankee Rose

Yankee Rose

Hi there rgd920 - welcome to TSG. :)

I've requested this thread be moved to the Software & Hardware > Business Applications forum. There are Office gurus there who will be able to help you with these formulas. The formulas would be the same for Excel, regardless of Windows or Mac.

Take care!

3. exegete

exegete

Howdy. It might be easier for you to set up a table with the options, then use INDEX/MATCH to find the result. It is much more flexible than the IF formulas and allows easy changing (if needed) in one spot, not every formula.

4. slurpee55

slurpee55

Trying to work on this but you have this discrepancy
    "6 to 12 nights ...
    12 nights or over...."
    Both have 12 nights in the formula. Should the first be 6 to 11 or the second be 13 and up?
    Also, what is a sensible maximum number of nights?

5. slurpee55

slurpee55

Also, what does this mean in the parentheses?
    "2000 or more- no fee (less than 1500-full fee/per night)"
    Do you mean that there is some basic fee they pay?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/805187

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice