Excel Formula - Fast Help Please

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kammmie

OK for some reason I can't get this IF/OR formula to work .... someone please tell me the formula for this

A1 = 4 IF A2 = 16580 or A2 = 16587 or A3 = EAR or A3 = FAB

Thanks I appreciate the help.

you have to do it the other way around and have the IF statement first and do something like this:

=IF(OR(A2=16580,A2=16587),4,0)

you might be asking for trouble going outside of the one cell and looking for conditios there too. What if A2 and A3 were the same...then what?

Anne Troy

Anne
A1 = 4 IF A2 = 16580 or A2 = 16587 or A3 = EAR or A3 = FAB

=If(or(a2=16580,a2=16587,a3=ear,a3=fab),4,"I don't know")

The "I don't know" part is because you didn't tell us what you want it to do if none of those arguments are NOT true. If you don't want it to say anything if any of those values are NOT true, then put my formula with nothing (not even a space) between the two quotes.

Anne Troy

Anne
kammmie:

It's nice if you can let us know if this worked for you. That way I can mark it solved, or we can keep helping, or you can tell us that you don't need it anymore, or you can tell us the formula you ended up finding someplace else.

The whole idea of these free tech support sites is to share the information we learn.

Thanks!

:D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online