Excel Formula - HELP! - One step away from solution

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tumbleweed36

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I have a family member who supervises auditors and has created a forumula in Excel that works by returning the correct responses in finding his correct employee by zip code.

The one exception is that when the person is not found (because of an improper zip code, it returns #N/A and what is wanted is: "Auditor Not Assigned"

Here is the formula that works with this one exception:

=IF($B$4="","",IF($B$4<46001,"Tax 543",IF($B$4>47997,"Tax 543",VLOOKUP($B$4,Auditor_List,5,FALSE))))

Help would be appreciated because this is needed fairly quickly.

Thank you

You need to add another IF statement in conjunction with the ISNA function just before your VLOOKUP.

Try the following formula

=IF($B$4="","",IF($B$4<46001,"Tax 543",IF($B$4>47997,"Tax 543",IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($B$4,auditor_list,5,FALSE)),"AUDITOR NOT FOUND",VLOOKUP($B$4,auditor_list,5,FALSE)))))

Rollin

Tumbleweed36

Hi,

You my friend are a genius. IT WORKS, IT WORKS!

You have not only made me very happy but the family member who has been trying to solve this for the past two days. My hat is off to you. Thanks again and have a great evening.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online