Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Excel Formula If/And or If/Then Reminder Question

985 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  mainelori 
#1 ·
I am working on a long list of temporary employees hired with "termination" dates. These dates vary. I want a reminder set to 5 days before the listed "term" date so it alerts me with a reminder. I have seen many different formulas and they work.

The problem I'm having is that there is a long list and that is a "continuing" list...so there are many blank rows. Currently I am using both conditional formatting to highlight it and I'm using the IF formula:

=IF(I2<TODAY()+5,"REMINDER","")

The problem is that it is filling in REMINDER for all of my "empty/blank" rows. I do not want it to appear other than where the data is, but I don't want to have to remember to carry the formula down. So right now I have about 22/23 rows that are filled. I want to expand my spreadsheet out to about 600 rows. But everything past the 23 rows is showing REMINDER even though there is no data in those rows. Is there something I can do to have it carry through the 600 rows, but not put in the reminder until there is data in there telling it to send a reminder? I'm using a MAC with Excel 2017. Thank you for any information.

#5 ·
Hi Wayne, I have another one...

I have two Excel Sheets. One is a list I call database with all of the information in a list. The second sheet is “prettied up” into a the looks of a nice form (but not a form, just formatted to look nice).

I have the same column names in both locations. The list layout is landscape and the “form” is portrait. The data in each row of the list/database is what I would like to have prepopulate into the “form” below to print a single record, but I can’t figure out how to make this work. The data in the list will change continue to have data added at the bottom.

Attachments

#6 ·
index/match or vlookup should do the job
can you load a small sample with both sheets
you may want to start a new thread and title and then other people may also see and assist with the correct thread title

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.