1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel formula problem

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by jsttoomuch, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jsttoomuch

jsttoomuch Thread Starter

I'm no math whiz and this one is stumping me . . .

=IF(OR(G1013<=1,H1013<0)=TRUE,"yes","no"(AND(IF(H1013<=F1013,"EXTRA","no"))))

I'm thinking my syntax is wrong since everything is where it should be in the actual spreadsheet. Anyone care to share their skills? :eek:

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi jsttoomuch, and welcome to TSG.

Something does not look right in the area of "no"(AND( but not sure what results you are expecting. Can you please explain exactly what result you wish for different combinations of values for cells F1013, G1013 and H1013

3. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    I'm not sure I know what you want. Does this suit your needs?:
    =IF(OR(G1013<=1,H1013<0 ),"yes",IF(H1013<=F1013,"EXTRA","no"))

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    No Idea what you are asking !!!!

5. jsttoomuch

Sorry...just figured out I can attach a file and am working on reposting. I was in the process of deleting when you replied.

6. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    No problem :) ..... make sure in your file you have dummy data - this is a public forum, and would not want company info to go into the public domain :)

Just try and explain what you would like to happen to the result as requested by cwwozniak

7. jsttoomuch

I've attached a file that is a "dummy" of our production schedule. RDD is the Required Delivery Date, Zip Ship Days is the number of days ahead of the RDD we must ship in order to use standard shipping which does not cost the company extra. The boss wanted the sheet to be formatted to show different colors depending on how much time we had to get the merchandise shipped/delivered. You can see the conditional formatting I did to make the cells appear red, yellow, or green. The cells I've used only come out to red because they're from a pretty old version of our schedule but it works so far.

Now, the boss wants to add to the formulas to include something that will place the word "Extra" in the formatting (or some other) column if the number of days 'til Zip Ship is less than or equal to zero.

I'm just not this adept at nesting formulas and I'm in over my head.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Attached Files:

8. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    OK so you have the formated colours - red, yellow green and they allwork OK - correct

So also in the column E - you want to ADD Yes & NO as per the formula now - BUT also want to add EXTRA

EXTRA
    D3 <=0
    D3 appears to be the Day its due to be zip and should be formatted as a date ...
    so not sure this is the 'Days 'Til Zip
    so you could start with that test first

=IF(D3<=0,"Extra",IF(OR(C3<=1,D3<0)=TRUE,"yes","no"))
    BUT I'm not sure if D3 is the days til zip

Which field or formula represents

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920819

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice