1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel Formula Request

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by lee_1133, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lee_1133

lee_1133 Thread Starter

I need a formula for excel that will give me a % increase conditional on the number to start with.

e.g

I buy something that costs between 0 & £1 and want to sell at a 100% mark up however if it costs between £1 and £2 I want to reduce the mark to say 50% and so on. Can someone provide a formula that can do this?

Thx

2. edhicks

edhicks

lee_1133
    Try this
    Sales price=if(cost>2,1.25*cost,if(cost>1,1.5*cost,2*cost)) where cost is cell containing price to be marked up.

mark up is 25% where cost >2
    mark up is 50% where cost is between 1 & 2
    mark up is 100% where cost <1

Good luck let us know if any problems

3. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Setup a separate table with the values you want associated with them. So if your value was in F2 (pounds), table in A:B (header row in row 1), a lookup formula in F3...

=LOOKUP(F2,A2:B8)

.. then you just use a simple multiplication to add your markup...

=F2*F3+F2

Is that what you're looking for? I've uploaded a sample file.

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758770

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice