1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

excel formula ?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by slowly0541, Apr 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. slowly0541

slowly0541 Thread Starter

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A question that have puzzeled me!
    excel the total is 55,250.00 and its asking for me to turn this amount for the month of October to a formula equaling 10%.
    Can anyone-someone answer this for soonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

2. Ratboy

Ratboy

slowly0541,

Welcome to TSG!

I'm afraid I don't understand what you are asking for. Could you rephrase the issue?

3. slowly0541

I agree thats why im asking someone else this ?
    It is a ecel spreadsheet test that I have to take to be promoted at work. The test is October, Novemeber, December audit, it gives me 20 ? things from insert a row to change an amount to a formula example 2 + 2=4.
    Ok now here the last question that know one understand.
    It ask you to take each month to equal 10% and make a formula.
    again! (take october, nov, and dec and change to a formula equal 10%) I was thinking its asking you to turn each amount to a decimal of 10% or soething like that im lost and everyone failing those last 3 points because of that

4. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

It might help if you posted the question using the exact wording that is on the test.

5. slowly0541

ok lets give u a try
    Once again this is the exact ? listed it is a 20? test on a program called opac it gives you things to complete like the first ? says to open the file 2nd say insert a row the last step ask you to take october, cash sales the total which is $55250.00 and make it a formula that will equal 10%. I am thinking it may want me to divide, add, mul, or even subtract I dont if only I can make since of wat exactlly I need to do with the 10%.

6. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Suppose the 55,250 is in cell A1.

In cell B1, you can put:

=a1*10%

then B1 will read 552.50

OR

You can put 10% in B1
    Copy B1
    Select A1
    Hit Edit-Paste special-Multiply, OK.

then A1 will read 552.50

I cannot understand whether you need to provide an amount that is 10% of the 55250.00 or if you need to CHANGE the 55250.00 to 10% of its value. So I gave both.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/129366

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice