1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

excel formulas have disappeared

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by sangcurt, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sangcurt

sangcurt Thread Starter

I am very new to using excel that said

I have been working on a simple spread sheet and changed everything in the spreadsheat to a table just so i could read it easier. Since I did that none of my formulas are showing up and I don't know how to take it out of table format and not sure if that is really the problem. Thanks if anyone could help out?

I just realized that the sheets I am using I have been copying and pasting from my original worksheet. Do formulas not get copied into new worksheet?

2. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Hello, welcome to the board!

Not really sure what you mean when you say you changed everything to a table. To answer your question, yes, formulas transfer when you copy/paste, although they will retain their respective absolute/relative referencing addressing. Where exactly are your formulas not showing up at? Do you mean they are just values now and not formulas? Or do you mean you don't see the formula bar? Can you provide a screen shot perhaps?

3. sangcurt

sangcurt Thread Starter

By 'turning everything into table - I mean I highlighted all the data and hit the format as table button. and yes they are just values now and not formulas- I can't provide a screen cuz i went thr and redid all the formulas but i would be interested infiguring out what happened and how I can "untable" the data- Thanks

4. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

There isn't anything we can do about your values now being static. When they were pasted they may have been pasted as values only (i.e. Paste Special). Converting a range to a Table will not change formulas. If you want to "untable" the data, or rather convert a Table into a [regular] range, right click any cell in the Table, select Table, then click Convert to Range. I would almost always recommend utilizing a Table though. But as I said, that is not the source of your problem, in fact it doesn't have anything to do with it whatsoever.

5. sangcurt

sangcurt Thread Starter

Okay- thanks very much for your help - I greatly appreciate you taking the time!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030132

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice