1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel Graph Help

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ayush, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ayush

ayush Thread Starter

[​IMG]

In the above graph there is a line on graph which indicates mean value. Will any one explain me with an example(how to write values, mean value and which chart format I have to choose etc) on how to make a graph like this. I am using excel 2007.

Thanks in advance

2. slurpee55

slurpee55

Do you mean a mean luminance between the three groups (HID1, HID2 and HLB)?

3. ayush

ayush Thread Starter

Desr slurpee55,

Above chart is just for reference to show the single line on the graph bar. (on dog bar a line is ending at approximately at 2.4 and started at 0.6) Like this I want draw a chart.

4. slurpee55

slurpee55

Bars like those are usually range markers - the highest and lowest points in the data being marked by the, in this case, 2.4 and .6. If you want to show those, click on a column in your graph, go to Format Data Series, Go to the Y Error Bars tab and click Both. If you make it a percentage and set that value to 50, it will show you a bar going down and stopping at the 50% and going up and stopping 50% above the data column.
    I just find it easier, however, to calculate the mean next to the original data and include that column of data in the graph also.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648438

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice