Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Excel Hangs While Printing

7K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  markwilliam 
#1 ·
I downgraded my Ms Office 2013 to 2007 and all OK but when I go to print properties from Excel or word, change my preference and when I try to print than excel/word got hang.
I cannot even close it and got a Pop up "Cannot quit Microsoft excel". If I print all the way straight without going to properties than it prints,no hang.
Can someone help to solve this issue please..

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Have you tried selecting another printer or reinstalling your printer?
Did you remove the previous version of Office using the Microsoft Office removal tool?
The printer is a Windows issue and not particularly an Office issue, it just use the current available printer.
Have you selected the correct printer?

#4 ·
If I understand you correctly it hangs ONLY when you print while in Office?
I have run out of ideas, I would either remove Office entirely (using the Office Removal tool) then reboot the system, see if the printer works under the other applications, check if it has the most recent drivers and then reinstall Office 2013 again, but... this is just my suggestion and I cannot take any responsibility, it is just a suggestion and you should make sure you have a backup to can revert to.
It is strange, have you looked in the Microsoft Community Support site to see if others have had the same issues and of course with the same or similar printer?

#6 ·
That is really weird, what type/brand of printer is it? How is it addressed? (USB cable (directly to system), Network, WLAN?)
Have you tried tried the manufacturer's support site?
Have you tried to reinstall the printer software again?

#8 ·
In thinking of a network timeout issue, it's like when you want to open a file on a network shared folder, the first time it takes time before the folders are shown, the same with the network printers.
Does it really hang or if you let it go for some (how long I don't know) time, will the properties window appear?

#10 ·
When Excel is started, it checks the default printer and video drivers that will display the Excel workbooks. Excel is printer-intensive. Therefore, it will run even slower when Excel files are saved in Page Break Preview view. Testing the file by using different printers such as the Microsoft XPS Document Writer printer driver or the VGA video driver will determine whether the problem is with a specific printer or office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.