1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel help for absolute novice

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by quinndows, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. quinndows

quinndows Thread Starter

Hey there everyone!

First time poster, long time searcher-for-info-on-these-thinger!

Here it is, I have an Excel spreadsheet, it has a list of jobs on it that are then filtered into areas that get put on to three separate worksheets for three separate people to view on the same workbook.

What I really, really need is some way to have an email sent to a person the day before a job fails

like if there's a formulae showing today's date on the sheet, and if a job is due to fail the next day, it emails the person who's area it's in.

Like I said I have very little expertise on this, I barely managed to create a Macro to separate the the jobs on to the specific workheets so I would really love a step by step (small steps) guide.

I think I've seen the phrase VBA banded about, I know nothing about it and knowing my luck I really need it to do this.

I've attached the spreadsheet I use.

Let me try to make it clearer...

Each worksheet has someone who ideally would be emailed a message letting them know the job number when colun N's date is a day before and ideally a day after today's date (I understand that I can add formulae =today() for that to appear) As there are three people using the spreadsheet it needs to be only their specific jobs that are for their area emailed to the,

Also it should only be emailed once to them, not every day or everytime i open the sheet.

Thank you all so much for even reading my mad rant, please feel free to email me at

< removed email - etaf moderator >

:)

Attached Files:

2. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

we do not operate "by email" here - only via posts - also having email in your post will increase the chances of you getting spam
    so i have removed

3. quinndows

quinndows Thread Starter

Thank you...

I appeciate that.

If you do know anyone who can help a poor girl with her spreadsheet please, please let me know!

:)

4. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

I'm sure someone will help - there's quite a few posts here for emailing from a spreadsheet - so its possible to do, but you may need to be patient and wait a while for a excel guru to reply here

in the meantime - you may want to have a search at some of the email solutions already provided here

5. Garf13LD

Garf13LD

If its only few persons, won't it be easier to do it manually by sorting and emailing from outlook?
    You can use conditional formatting to help u identify the rows.

6. quinndows

quinndows Thread Starter

Basically, there are too many jobs coming in and out to have someone manually emailing each job that falls past th date of that day...

Also, this is possibly something that I want to roll out accross the entire company if I can get it to automatically send the emails from excel.

I just don't know a great deal about it so if it can be done i'd absolutely love a step by step guide.

thanks! :)

7. Garf13LD

Garf13LD

8. quinndows

quinndows Thread Starter

I hate to sound like a typical dumb blonde... But I need help with everything!

If someone can PM me on how to do this, I would be sooo grateful!

9. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

Hi quinndows welcome to TSG
    FYI we do not allow or provide support via PMs (or email, messaging etc) - all help needs to be confined to these forums only for safety of members

please have a look at out rules and guidance page here
    http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

10. cplmckenzie

cplmckenzie

hello,

has your issue been resolved yet.

I have downloaded sample.xls.

Will begin looking at a possible solution after you posting that your issue is still outstanding.

cplmckenzie

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1049603