1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel help needed - Conditional Formatting

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Blinken86, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blinken86

Blinken86 Thread Starter

I need to conditionally format a cell based on the outcome of a formula and the value in another cell and I’m stuck as to how to do it.

I have a table that has the next 50 weeks of our project across the top row (row 10) and subsequent "week ending" date in the next row (row 11) and two columns (columns I and J) that I enter the start and end dates in respectively (always a 5 day working week whose end date corresponds to that stated in row 11).

For each row I have used conditional formatting based on the function (=AND(L$11>=$I14,L$11<=$J14)=TRUE) to highlight the cell on row 14 for which the dates I enter (I14 and J14) fall within the given week of the project based on the ending date of each week (row 11).

This has worked perfectly as a scheduling tool up till now however I have been asked to change it. I now require that the formatted colour be one colour when the value in a separate column (column F) is 1 and another colour when the value in the column F is 2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have attached the document to help if needed.

Blinken86

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697131

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice