1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel Help Reqd - (Find Next Item)

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by qqplus, Jan 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qqplus

qqplus Thread Starter

Nov 8, 2004
    Dear Techies,

A Very Happy New Year to you!

I need help in MS Excel. To tell you quickly the situation that I have got,

I have a list of 40-50 tasks, each having different time required for execution. E.g. task A requires 15 minutes, task b 20 and so on at random. There are some other attributes to those tasks like equipment required etc.

Now, I want to know a way by which I can fetch tasks matching certain given criteria, onto the other sheet. For example, If I input time available as 20, it should give me the tasks which can be completed in 20 minutes or less.

Can anyone assist me with that?

Kind Regards,
  2. Keebellah

Keebellah Hans Trusted Advisor

Mar 27, 2008
    Hi AJ,
    The quickest way is a pivot table then you can filetr time value and you have your results
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1034449