Solved Excel hidden row number increment suppression

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nioc98

Problem:
Spreadsheet has 13 vertical panels, each containing 10 rows. The panels are separated by a blank line.
The panels contain a number column showing the row numbers 1-10.
Each panel's first row number is one more than the last number in the preceding panel
1 to 10 is chosen because the recorded transaction will not exceed 10 in a week.

Often, there will be less than 10. In this case, I wish to hide the unused rows.
So, if I hide, say, rows 7 - 10 in panel #1, I need panel #2 to start with row number 7 and end on 16 (10 rows).

How will I do this?

Have a look at the attached, is this what you were after?
The numbering is based on the item column not being blank and I have assumed that the first entry in each block of 10 rows goes into the first row.
Just click on the button to hide the blank rows, then if you need to reveal the rows again click on the filter dropdown on column B and select show all

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts