1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel - Hide/unhide based on defined cells/hyperlinks?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by alargent, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alargent

alargent Thread Starter

Is there a way in Excel (I'm running Excel 2010, but have access to older versions) to hide/unhide cells based on hyperlinks or defined areas? I've hyperlinked so that we could go to specific parts of the document, but that does me little good because we have to hide them or the doc gets to big. Is there a way to have the hyperlink (or the cell hyperlinked) unhide the area? I've attached the document (removed all company info, but the lay out is there) so that you can see what I'm referring to.

I've thought macros, but I'm not sure how to go about it... I did define each area for the hyperlink, so would that be the route to go?

Attached Files:

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    Hi, welcome to the board.

If I understand corectly you want to unide the rows between August and September if you click or double click on August? Correct?

3. alargent

alargent Thread Starter

That's it exactly.

4. Keebellah

First Name:
    Hans
    I've got an idea, will get back soon

5. Keebellah

First Name:
    Hans
    I did'nt put too much explanation but maybe you can see how it works.
    I removed the hyperlinks vor the months.
    Just make sure the cells A-J are merged, enter the date mm/dd/yyyy the merged cells should be formatted to display the date in the format mmmm yyyy

Double click on the line of the month (e.g. October 2010 and the rows unhide.

Double click on anoither monthn the other rows will be hidden again and the new selection undihhed.

The button Hide Rows will hide them all again.

Attached Files:

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/963544

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice