1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel highlight color

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by chrishamar, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chrishamar

chrishamar Thread Starter

Hi All

I want to change the color of a cell when it is highlighted or selected. i don't want to change the background color of the cell. does any one know how to do this? I've searched the menu's and have cum up stumped. Maybe there is a rule i could insert in to the page.

Thanks Chris

2. slurpee55

slurpee55

You can change two things in a cell - the font color or the fill color - or both. And, of course, you can border the cell. But it sounds like you want the cell to change color ONLY when it is selected, is that right?

3. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    I think he is looking for the highlight color when the cell is selected. Darker gray in Excel 2002 and older if I recall and blue for 2003 and above. Can you verify this? I do not even know where to look into Excel VBA, but wanted to see if I could get clarification for someone else to answer this. :)

4. slurpee55

slurpee55

That's what colored markers are for, isn't it? Just take them to your screen....Sorry, I don't know the VBA for this either.

5. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    I actually liked how they went to the blue. When teaching users they see this a whole lot easier than the dull gray. I guess it is bad that I know these minute details hehe

6. bomb #21

bomb #21

I don't know what you guys with your fancy up-to-date versions are on about. :p ;)

chrishamar: if you're using Excel 2000 or earlier, there's some code at Chip Pearson's site (http://www.cpearson.com/excel/excelM.htm, under "Highlighting The Active Cell" -- but do see the note about "RowLiner add-in").

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/603656

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice