Excel Hyperlink doesn't work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dmcclure

I can't get a hyperlink I put in an Excel worksheet to open a Publisher file. If I point the hyperlink to another types of files (e.g., Excel, or Word, or jpg file) it works fine. But if I try to point the link to a Publisher file I get the message that "...some files contain viruses ... blah blah... Do you want to open the file?" I click OK then get the error message "Publisher cannot find the file you specified. The next dialog box will let you browse to locate the file....." Then I locate the file, click OK, and it opens. Same path and filename. I've pointed Publisher files all over my computer with the same results.

Any ideas???

Don

Anne Troy

Anne
Ok. I made a test pub file.

I created hyperlink.

I get the same message you do, but it then opens right up.

Are your publisher files associated with the correct Publisher program?

Do you know how to set a file association? I would double-check it just to be sure.

Meanwhile, never hurts to clean up your PC in case some temp file is getting in the way: www.theofficeexperts.com/cleanyourpc.htm and then maybe try running detect and repair on Excel.

If that doesn't work, try troubleshooting Excel at www.theofficeexperts.com/excel.htm

Let us know, Don. :)

dmcclure

Thanks for your suggestions. The association is correct. I put this same question on the Office Experts forum. I normally keep my computer cleaned up.

Regards,

Don

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online