1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel Hyperlink Macro

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by PincivMa, Jan 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PincivMa

PincivMa Thread Starter

Here is a challenge for all you Excel Gurus. Attached is a macro that when you run it, searches for the file that you have selected in an Excel worksheet. For example, I have a file called testing.cells. I have typed this file in Cell A1. I then select cell A1 and run the macro and voila, the Excel file called testing.cells appears. The reason I do not do a normal Excel hyperlink is that the hyperlink at times does not work if I e-mail it my colleagues since the file is on a server. This is due to how the paths are configured in different computers.

The attached macro works great if I'm hyperlinking to another Excel workbook. I have tried to customize the macro to bring up a pdf file but without success. I'm Excel macro guru. As a matter of fact, the attached macro was given to me by John Walkenback, the author of many Excel books.

Is it possible to do this or not?? I do not want to waste anybody's time if this is not do able

Mario

Attached Files:

2. PincivMa

PincivMa Thread Starter

I guess no one out there can help me on this issue. Surely to God someone must have a clue.

Mario

3. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Is it possible to call a PDF file? Yes. Try the FollowHyperlink method, or the Shell method.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/435222

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice