1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel if formula

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by chuart, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chuart

chuart Thread Starter

Hi,

I need some urgent help regarding the IF formula.

I have a master sheet, from which i want to search data into a second sheet if certain conditions apply.
    The master sheet - is the sheet where all the data is input with project numbers, and from there each project has its own page, unto which the data that coincide with each project number is supposed to be transfered.

I have used the following formula:

=IF(Sheet1!$D$9:$D$112=B2,Sheet1!$B$9:$B$112,)

The formula works - but i have the problem that if D9 is the right project number, but then line D10 is another project number, then on sheet 2, the line D10 is empty.

I like the individual project sheets to be filled up on each line, so that there are no spaces in between.

Does my question make sense??

Thanks for any help on this!

C

2. The Villan

The Villan

If your data is all contained in one range (no blank rows or columns in the master sheet), you should be looking at Data,Auto Filter.

It is very fast to filter your data to see what you need and if necessary you can copy the results to another sheet, whilst leaving the master sheet intact with all the data.

Have a read of this. http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter01.html

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/902223

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice