1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel IF Formulas & Date Filters

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by gevans, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gevans

gevans Thread Starter

As you can see by the attached, I have:
    1 – (Sheet 1) Main Database – strictly for data entry
    2 – (Sheet 2) Ombudsman Report – formatted to carry over certain data from sheet 1
    3 – (Sheet 3) Summary – a quick reference page (this one works fine)
    4 – (Sheet 4) Customer Service Sheet – similar to sheet 2 – carries over certain data from sheet 1

There are 2 things I need to complete this:
    1 – I want to be able to add a “date” filter on column C for a date range on sheet 2. When I try this, all the records disappear. I’ve tried to use the same filter on sheet 4 & it works fine –

2 – Currently, sheet 4 includes all the records from the main database (sheet 1). I want it to include “Closed” records only (based on column 'O' in sheet 1 – main database)

Attached Files:

2. The Villan

The Villan

Can you explain clearly what you are doing to obtain these results. A sort of step by step comment of menu choices used and are you copying data into each sheet, so that we can see what you are doing. That will help to decide on the correct way forward.

Thanks

3. OBP

OBP

gevans, do your people have Access?

4. The Villan

The Villan

OBP
    I think thsi particular spreadsheet is a dual problem and whilst some of it lends itself to Access, I am not convinced yet, that this should go down the access route.

What is this, are you on Access commission LOL :)

5. OBP

OBP

Villan, I don't think anything other than the very simplest "Database" should be in Excel because Access is designed for manipulating data and Excel is for Calculation and Presentation.

6. The Villan

The Villan

Exactly, but I think this spreadsheet is also trying to deal with calculation. Anyway I was only joking with you - did you not notice LOL :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536049

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice