1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel info from multiple woorkbooks and sheets into a new workbook

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Techdiver, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Techdiver

Techdiver Thread Starter

Hello everybody,
    I searched but could not find an answer to my quest. It might be that I did not define my question in the search well enough, but here it is.
    I am trying to get cell info from multiple workbooks with 8 named sheets into one workbook.
    Now I am trying to explain myself a bit more:
    Workbooks are named WS-01, WS-02, etc
    each Workbook has 8 sheets named total, Monday, Tuesday, etc.
    each sheet has multiple cells and I need to get info from one cell into a new Workbook with one sheet and the cells are named: Week, Monday, Tuesday, etc.
    I know I could do cut and paste but that is to time consuming.
    Anybody with some help? It would be much appreciated.

2. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

Is this an ongoing event or a one time thing? What you want to do can be accomplished with a macro but if this is a one time event it may not be worth the time. If you want to use automatation it would be helpful to post a sample workbook containing your source data as well as a sample destination workbook that the data will be transferred to.

Regards,
    Rollin

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/639655

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice