1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel Invalid Page Fault Error

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by JerriS, Mar 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerriS

JerriS Thread Starter

A user running Office 2000 in Windows98 running on a Toshiba 4020CDT notebook gets the following error message:

Excel caused an invalid page fault in module Excel.exe at 0177:3006d7bf.

User receives the message when double-clicking in a cell. It does not appear to be related to a specific document as it can be recreated when a new document is open.

Is there any switches with Excel 2000 to open the program with? I am at a loss as to what to do. The temp folder has been emptied of some items not all (but these files could be moved) and it does not have any service packs applied to it.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2. Mulderator

Mulderator

3. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Anytime you get illegal operations or page faults, clean up the hard drive first and go from there. You can an auto-reply from a file I created. Just email [email protected] It's not an ad or a ruse to get your email. If you don't get the attachments, please let me know via the email button here. I've yet to have anyone tell me they received the files after we tested it, but I also haven't seen any additional emails in the sent items on that account.

And, always do the upgrades/SRs a few months after they're distributed. ;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/40716

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice