1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel locks up computer when new FONT is Selected

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by JRWithers, Jan 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRWithers

JRWithers Thread Starter

I'm using Win98se with Office 2000. When I select a new font in Excel / Front Page the computer locks up or I get a Blue Sceen error. This doesn't happen in Word /Powerpoint / Publisher. When I loaded Office 2k I selected " Run all from Computer." I have 10gig WD, 256 Ram, witha K6-2/450.

UPDATE TO PROBLEM: I have a PC-Chips motherboard (M599LRM) witha SIS530 Video chip. The replys sent me looking for possible udated driver to the SIS chip. I found a driver at the SIS site, downloaded it. the problems in Excel / Frontpage went aaway. The answers I received got me thinking about drivers and bad video chips - the fonts in Excel would work when the SIS video driver was disabled. Many thanks for the replys.

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Weird, JR. But welcome to TSG anyway!

Only thing I can think is that you've got a corrupt font.

Do this and let me know. Open Excel while holding down the left shift key and double-clicking the icon.

Test it. Let me know.

3. emusum

emusum

Can you confirm whether or not it happens with all fonts, or just one? I had a similar problem in an earlier version of Excel that was the result of the video card/driver.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65652

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice