1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel Macro - Date Based Protection

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by CWDENVER, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CWDENVER

CWDENVER Thread Starter

Alright this one might be a bit of a challenge. I am releasing a complex spreadsheet with my product pricing on it. Is there a way to make the program have a "shelf life" of 6 months or so? I would like to set it up to make it inaccessible to anyone without the password after a certain time period. So basically I would like to create a macro that will disable the entire spreadsheet (without the password) after a specific date so I can release new versions (with the new pricing) without the old versions (old prices) getting thrown into the mix. Anyone have any ideas?? Thanks.

2. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Hello CWDENVER, this should be possible to achieve, you can have a date held in a cell in a hidden Protected sheet in the workbook. When the System date = the date in the Cell the Target Worksheet is hidden and can only be made un-hidden by entering a password.
    To be effective the Menus would need to Removed from the Workbook as well.
    The VBA Editor would need to be password protected as well.

3. CWDENVER

CWDENVER Thread Starter

That's exactly what I need. How can I disable or hide all my worksheets as well as the menu? I searched "hide" in the help menu but it only talked about userforms. Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/545386

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice