1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel Macro -> email created with field data as subject line

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by MikeReich, Jun 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MikeReich

MikeReich Thread Starter

Although decently experience with excel, I am quite new with VBA and I cannot "record" this macro, so any help writing this in VBA is much appreciated.

1) I need to create a macro that will take a number that is entered into a cell, and upon hitting a button in the excel sheet create an email where the subject line is the number that was in that original cell.

1b)I would like to do this without changing the name of the excel file though, or at least have another macro that resets the file to its original name.

2) Also, if possible, the same macro/vba as above, only with two cells, a number in one and a name in the other, which then shows up as "Number-Name" as the subject line in the email.

Thanks to anyone that can help - Mike

2. OBP

OBP

3. MikeReich

MikeReich Thread Starter

OBP
    I am not sure if its my lack of ability or not, but the links you sent only take me to the techguy main page. I looked around on the site, and there is something about your ellipsis(s) that they are not showing the part of the link they replace, as I've seen with other links. Can you give it another shot?

- Mike

4. OBP

OBP

5. slurpee55

slurpee55

6. OBP

OBP

slurpee, it is Ok to copy the url link, what the forum doesn't seem to like is the Copying of a Copied Link, which is what I did as I had just posted those links afew hours before. (being Efficient? Lazy?)

7. slurpee55

slurpee55

I found out my other post was okay, so I must have done something right...oh, I would say efficient, except it doesn't work! ;)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/836363

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice