Excel Macro needs to work in Open office ir Similar

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JPLamb

Hi All,

on this occasion Google has not provided me with the answers i am looking for.

I have got an excel macro that i have sent out to a number of people, for those who use excel it is fine but i am needing it to work in open office or similar open source free program for the few that dont have access to MS Office.

I know that the coding is different and after the research i have done it seems that there are extentions or converters that make the VBA code work in Open office.

Does anybody know how i can get this to work? I can not find the extentions but am told they exist.

Any help would be really great

Cheers

Keebellah

Hans
Trusted Advisor
Google is a wonderfull search tool, have you tried it? ;)
I found the link below that opens a pdf file with the nice sounding name: "Porting Excel/VBA to Calc/StarBasic"
http://documentation.openoffice.org/HOW_TO/various_topics/VbaStarBasicXref.pdf

I think this is what you need.

...but there is more

http://www.kalitech.fr/clients/doc/VB_APIOOo_en.html

Happy coding :)

BTW this is what the Open Office site claims:

VBA Support

OpenOffice.org can run many VBA macros unmodified due to its built-in; limited VBA support.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online