1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel macro or VB help for printing

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by noscamou, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. noscamou

noscamou Thread Starter

I have a financial model with 12 months of 2006 data and 12 months of 2007 data side-by-side. I would like to print the 2006 data all the way down the sheet together (and there are several sheets like this) and then the 2007 data together. With all of the sheets I need to print, it is a painstaking process to set and reset the print area each time I want to print.

Does anyone know of a way to automate this process using VB or a macro? I am not overly experienced in either of those methods.

Thanks in advance.

2. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Have you thought about splitting that data into other worksheets? Then it would be the click of a button for each sheet to print. You could even group the sheets and hit your print button once.

3. noscamou

noscamou Thread Starter

That would be great but my company prefers everything on a single sheet.

4. OBP

OBP

Why not name the ranges that are required to be printed and then record a macro of selecting the first named range, printing "selection" and then selecting and printing the second named range.

5. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

I'm sorry, I don't understand. What your company prefers and what is needed are two completely different things. Use the spreadsheet as it was intended, not how your company wants to manipulate it. They have questions, they can call me (seriously, pm if desired).

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/491458

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice