1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel Macro Stops Running

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by maggabones, Oct 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maggabones

maggabones Thread Starter

My macro stops running and there is no error msg. My macro basically copies formulas contained in 5 cells from one spreadsheet to another but the macro just stops running after it pastes the data. No error msg. I've tried running the macro step by step and it stops running at the exact same place. If I either run the macro again or keep pressing F8, the macro begins again from the start of the sub procedure and runs completely (doesn't stop). I don't understand why it's stopping the first time I run the macro.

Here is the code:

Code:
        Windows("Fund Dilution Macro.xls").Activate
        Range("O5:S5").Select
        Selection.Copy
        Windows("NAVDILAC.USR").Activate
        Range("O5").Select
        [B][SIZE=4][COLOR=red]ActiveSheet.Paste[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
        Application.CutCopyMode = False
        Selection.Copy
        Range(Selection, ActiveCell.SpecialCells(xlLastCell)).Select
        ActiveSheet.Paste

After the macro pastes the data from the first spreadsheet, it just stops running. When I am running through the macro step by step (using F8), the yellow right arrow that you usually see on the left hand side of the row of code that is running just disappears after the "ActiveSheet.Paste" line (highlighted in red above).

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    Hi, wlecome to the forum,
    I imagine this is not all of the macro but there are no further actions here and I can't see what else follows
    What is Naddilac.usr? well not much to say with this info.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024443

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice