Excel - macro to merge 2 excel files using a common column

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

reema

Hi,
I want to merge two excel files into a 3rd one.

The data are in the files Book1, Book2 and the result in Book3.

I know that i can use VLookup to do the above. But what i have pasted is just an example. The real excel files contains about 9 columns with at many repeating row!!!

Any help will be much appreciated.
Thx

Attachments

Keebellah

Hans
Trusted Advisor
Hi welcome to the board. How are you going to treat the duble items, If you want to merge 2 files adn duplication occurs here must be one cell whihc is common to let's say Book1 and Book2.

Do you have a common value? Index? Whatever you call it?

reema

Hi
In the example that i have pasted, the common column is Surname. I have to merge according to this common column and keep the common values also.
Plz help!!

Keebellah

Hans
Trusted Advisor
As far as I can see Black is a surname that appears twice and I aasume it's a different one seen the age
So much for unique identifiers.
Thre is no way you can tell which is the Mr. Black you want. Bad example, sorry no go in this way, don't you have another common value like Brithday Unless the're twins :))

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online