1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel macro to populate existing word documents and booklets

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Bubba21420, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubba21420

Bubba21420 Thread Starter

Okay, this maybe a tough one...

I have a list of registered attendees for a training session. I would like a button for each registrant that auto populates an Word invoice template and confirmation letter template - Conf. letter fields: first name, last name, company, address 1, address 2, city state/prov. and country. Invoice fields: first name, last name, company, address 1, address 2, city state/prov. and country. Session name, date range, cost...

I would also like to use the same list to populate a registrant booklet that is also an existing template in Word - first name, last name, company, email address and phone number. I read on another post that we could possibly do an auto save to a specified location when it populates the template as well. Then we have name tags, book labels and certificates that also need to be populated from the same list... :confused:

Anything to save some time and reduce errors resulting from human interference.

T Y I A
    Bubbs

2. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

Why do you need a macro to do this? Have you looked into a "Mail Merge" ??

Rollin

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090503

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice