1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

excel macro

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by benarivo, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benarivo

benarivo Thread Starter

i would really appreciate your help!

I would need a macro that can do the thing described in the attached file. so basically its a search tool on sheet2 of a workbook that gives back a specific value of the table on sheet1. so for ex. i write in row 6 and column C and it returns me the content of cell C6. Its an abstract thing so the purpose would be illustrating and easy search without typing in functions or manually go through the tables., so as like a user interface...
    is there such a thing or is there a better software for a quick illustration?

Attached Files:

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    I added a form and some code, try and see.

You will have to program some more if you wish other actions or extend the data

This will work even if you add rows or columns without having to change the code.

I use the tips form the following site: http://www.xlpert.com/partH.htm
    It's the first one that poped up when I searched in Google.

I hope it helps you :)

Attached Files:

3. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    And put you on the right track?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920613

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice