1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel macros database

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by mda, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mda

mda Thread Starter

Hi guys, your help would be much appreciated on this as I am at a loss and in need of desperate help. I want to create a macro that will copy and paste data that I input onto a separate sheet.

For example

I would like to enter data into cells a1 to A7 then a macro will copy this data into a different sheet but onto cells A1 to G1 - the macro will then delete the data that I had entered. Also if I type in new date to A1 to A7 again I would like the new information in the different sheet but this time copied to cells A2 to G2, this will continue such as data copied to A3 to G3, a4 to g4 and so on. So the different sheet will be my database and the input sheet will be a form. I know that I can use form but this will be more professional.

2. bomb #21

bomb #21

Sub test()
    x = WorksheetFunction.CountA(Sheets("OtherSheet").Columns(1))
    Sheets("OtherSheet").Cells(1, 1).Offset(x).Resize(, 7).FormulaArray = "=TRANSPOSE(Sheet1!R1C1:R7C1)"
    Sheets("OtherSheet").Cells(1, 1).Offset(x).Resize(, 7).Value = Sheets("OtherSheet").Cells(1, 1).Offset(x).Resize(, 7).Value
    Range("A1:A7").ClearContents
    End Sub

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027097

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice