1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Excel macros in a workbook do not now work

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by zantelover, Oct 4, 2019.

1. zantelover

zantelover Thread Starter

I have recently bought a new computer and gone from Windows 7 to Windows 10. In addition , I have changed from Office Home and Student 2007 to the 2019 version. The other day , when I tried to load an Excel file (.xlsm) that I have used quite happily before on my previous computer , I got an error message which read as follows :
    "Code in this project must be updated for use on 64 bit systems. Please review and update Declare statements and then mark them with the PtrSafe attribute"

I developed the workbook some years ago with a lot of help from Tech Support Guy contributors and I am quite ignorant of this latest issue. Is there anyone who can help ?

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1233805

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice