Excel - Making A Sheet Default ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BR_184

Hello,
I have an excel document that I use often containing several sheets. How can I make one of the sheets the default, so each time I open the document it opens directly to the specified sheet?

Thanks for any help in advance! :)

WhitPhil

Gone but never forgotten
Trusted Advisor
Select the sheet you want as default, then File > Save and the next time you open it, it will open on that sheet.

BR_184

Thanks for the suggestion.
If after I do this I close out the application while viewing another sheet will it automatically default to view the last sheet that I was on the next time I open the document?

I want the document to open to a specific sheet on the document no matter what sheet I was viewing the last time I closed out.

- Thanks -

WhitPhil

Gone but never forgotten
Trusted Advisor
Excel will open the last sheet that had a change made and saved, not the last sheet viewed.

If you do not want to do this manually, you can do so via VBA. Hit Alt + F11, find your workbook on right, double click ThisWorkbook, add some code..

Code:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    Sheets("YourSheetName").Select
End Sub
Replace the sheet name with your desired name.

HTH

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!