Excel, matching data in rows

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

translator_83

Not sure where to post this; hope I found the right forum.

I have a set of texts in the source language in Excel. I have translated these into the target language. What I now want to do is match the source language data with my translations.

Is there any way to tell Excel that "when the text XXX is in column G, row 341, the text XXX is to be inserted into column H, row 341)?

Just an example.

In other words, what I want to do is make sure my translations are placed in the column to the right of each source language text.

Regards
Mattias

etaf

Wayne
i have moved to business applications

in column H you can use IF

in H341
=IF(G341="XXX", G341, "what to do if not")

this will copy G341 into H341 only if G341 contains "XXX"

OR
=IF(G341="XXX", "YYY", "what to do if not")

if what you want inserted is different text

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online