1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel not calculating formulas?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by eddyfrogs, Oct 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. eddyfrogs

eddyfrogs Thread Starter

Hello. I am using Excel 97 here at the office. I have numerous spreadsheets that have formulas in them. About a week ago, the spreadsheets quit automatically calculating the formulas. Say the formula is to calculate the sum of a column of numbers. I change on of the numbers in the column and the formula does not automatically update until I save the file.

Also, I copy a formula a lot and paste it to cells along a row in the spreadsheet. Now I get a message that says "cannot empty the clipboard". It still lets me complete the paste function but only after hitting the OK button on the error message twice. Rather annoying since I do this all day long. :mad:

I've searched Excel's stupid help feature everywhere and cannot find an answer. I, also, searched Microsoft's tech support section and no help there either. Please help!!!!!!

2. maxflia10

maxflia10

Check to see if the calculation mode is set to automatic by going to Tools/Options/Calculation tab and tick automatic.

3. eddyfrogs

eddyfrogs Thread Starter

Thanks it worked. I wonder how it got changed. Oh well, at least it is fixed. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/405109