1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel numbers into Hieroglyphics;)

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Sue-z-q, Sep 2, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sue-z-q

Sue-z-q Thread Starter

Somehow I converted a Excel spreadsheet from numbers to a bunch of Hieroglyphics [​IMG]that look something like this "<À à. Any idea what I did and how I can get this spreadsheet back to a readable form? Or should I say a into a form I can read.
    Thanks Sue

2. SleepingLionheart

SleepingLionheart Account Closed

From what format it was that you converted from and how did you convert it?

James

3. Sue-z-q

Sue-z-q Thread Starter

It was in .xls format. The program froze and when I rebooted and opened the file it was in the that format.
    Thanks Sue

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

Suz: Did you try opening it from Word? Hit File-Open and change the files of type to "recover text from any document." Make sure that you save it immediately to a different name.

I know you'll get lots of trash data, but you might also actually get your stuff back. You can email the file to me if you like. Hit the envelope to the right of my name...

------------------
    ~dreamboat~
    Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word
    Brainbench

5. Sue-z-q

Sue-z-q Thread Starter

Thank-you for your help. I tried your suggestion and did get some of the data back, mostly the text part. The numbers are still in Hieroglyphics. I guess the best thing to do is just reenter the data. This should to me teach me to backup in a more timly fashion. If you would be so kind, would you answer one more question. Are these hieroglyphics want they call binary?

Thank-you again for all your help [​IMG]
    Sue

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/37328