1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel & Outlook 2007

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by pmartes, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pmartes

pmartes Thread Starter

I work as a staffing clerk in hospital. I created a excel worksheet that I would like to e-mail to our employees. But I would like the file to open in the e-mail and not as an attachment. Have the employee enter there schedule in the file and then sent it right back to me. I hope that made sense.

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    Hi martes, welcome to the board.
    your question makes sense however I don't think that's will work, at least, I can't figure it out.
    I think you should send a sheet to the emplyees, they'll will have to open the file, fil the data and terun the mail also as an attachment, then you'll have to be able to import their data to a totaling sheet or something to regsiter it, at least that is waht I expect you want / need.

I used something similar where I maield a sheet with a whole week so that people could fill in what they did that week so I could regsiter it, you want planning, so maybe a momthly sheet.

An altenative is a user form / tempalte in Outlook, but you'll still have to figure out how to get it in Excel.

Maybe some of the other members have an idea, I'll think about it too.
    Hoe miƩrcoles brings an answer

3. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

Can you post a sample workbook?

Rollin

4. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Hi there, welcome to the board!

If you knew the versions of Excel and Outlook which would be utilized to view your file, assuming they were Microsoft, you could embed a macro in the file so all they need to do is fill in the information, click a button, the macro packages the information in an email and displays it (already attached) and all they need to do is click the send button. Can you give anymore information about the scope of this project? How many people are you wanting to send this to? Versions, etc.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973881

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice