Excel-Outlook Calendar True Sync

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pksarguru

Hey. First time posting and I couldn't find a definitive answer from searching through the forums...

I've seen many ways to export dates from an excel spreadsheet as outlook calendar appointments both using VBA and just the manual export feature. However, before I search myself into oblivion, is it possible for it to be true 'sync'? What I mean is the VBA code can check if an appointment has already been created and edit the date/time/etc. if it has changed?

All the examples I've seem like they would just create a duplicate appointment in this example.

Thanks for you help!

Keebellah

Hans
Trusted Advisor
Hi, if you already have found a code to sync appointments you will just need to add an option to check if an appointment with those conditions already exists. That would be the same timestamp (date AND time) and the Subject.
The main thing is that you will need something to be able to compare it with.

pksarguru

Thanks, Hans.

I have found code to add appointments, but I'm new to VBA so have yet to find any code to query existing appointments.

Do you know of any examples?

Keebellah

Hans
Trusted Advisor
No, I do not have any but if you type the following text in Google search you will get a great number of hits.
You can see which fits your requirements best
vba excel to check for appointments in Outlook
I will gladly help once you have something if are still stuck.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online