1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel paste value every other row

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Bob3d7d, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bob3d7d

Bob3d7d Thread Starter

We have an Excel Spreadsheet that displays the weeks of the year. Sometimes we have to paste a value in for every other week. Right now we do that manually and it takes a long time. How can we automate the process of pasting this data into every other row?

Thanks!!!

2. bomb #21

bomb #21

Let's say you want it in row 1, row 3, etc.

Paste the value to (say) E1. Then select E1 and E2. Then hover over the small black square at the bottom right of the selection ("fill handle"). While holding down CTRL, click and drag the handle down as far as you need.

HTH.

3. ChuckE

ChuckE

Why hold down <Ctrl>? It does the same for me whether or not I hold down <Ctrl>.

4. bomb #21

bomb #21

For me, CTRL prevents incrementing. Alternatively, copying a value and a blank cell below & then pasting to a vertical range of even numbered cells should do it.

5. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Bob, are your weeks of the year one per row?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/533471