1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel printing to legal in tray 2 and filling page?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Tony414, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony414

Tony414 Thread Starter

Hello,
    We have an HP Laserjet 2420. We have letter in tray 3 and legal in tray 2. What is the proper way of having an Excel document that is legal, print to tray 2 and also fill the page. We tried various different ways but can't seem to figure this out. Thanks in advance...

Tony

2. slurpee55

slurpee55

You have set up the Excel as legal using Page Setup, I assume? And you have also set the print area?
    If so, then when you send it to print, the printer should look for legal automatically.
    If it doesn't, I suspect that your printer is not configured correctly, and is not "aware" that one tray is legal and one is letter.
    However, you can, once you click on print, select the printer you want (if you have more than one) and then go to Properties - this is actually dependent on the printer driver, not Excel. You should then get a pop-up showing items like Paper, Print Quality, etc. (I don't have an HP Laserjet, but these items are essentially universal.) Usually on one of the tabs there will be either a graphic of your printer that you can click on to select the tray, or a drop-down selection to select the tray you want to use.

Once you try this, then let me know what you mean about "also fill the page."

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757928

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice