1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel problem. Fill columns I need to move across rows in another sheet

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by chezboy, Jan 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chezboy

chezboy Thread Starter

In Sheet one I have some raw data which in sheet two I have picked out the useful pieces and have then input into out work forms. The problem is that I need to fill the form across (column) but in the sheet that it is referenced from I need it to take the data from the row

EX.

sheet one
    ....a.. b. c
    1 a1 b1 c1
    2 a2 b2 c2
    3 a3 b3 c3

I need to find a way to automatically get it to do this referencing sheet 1 in column A and then filling to the right but actually having it go down the rows in sheet 1

sheet 2
    ...a.. b ..c
    1 a1 a2 a3
    2 b1 b2 b3
    3 c1 c2 c3

the idea is that when the software exports to sheet 1 we will be able to print sheet two in the form we need it without having to make any changes. I know my explanation is a little crude but if someone could help me I would appreciate it. thanks.

2. bomb #21

bomb #21

You could use:

=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,COLUMN()-1,ROW()-1)

in Sheet2!A1, then replicate that down an across (pro forma style).

Would that help?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1035094

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice